Programs-within-College Reviews are a specialized exercise, which focuses on the academic standards of each program and its delivery and the quality assurance arrangements within all learning programs at Bachelor and Master levels within a College in a particular major disciplinary area. The reviews are carried out using four indicators. The written Self Evaluation Report SER includes the following sections:
- BACKGROUND & STATISTICAL INFORMATION: Administrative information, Statistical information, Program Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes, Academic and Administrative Staff
- THE LEARNING PROGRAM: academic planning framework , academic progression year-on-year or course-by-course suitable workloads for students, syllabus (i.e. curricular content, level, and outcomes) , PILO s & CILO s & TLA s, Mapping, Assessment Policy, Suitable Assessment Arrangements and Alignment, in specific Formative Assessment (feedback)
- EFFICIENCY OF THE PROGRAMME: Admission, Transfer, Graduation, Study, Examination Policies, Efficiency of Faculty, Students, Resources (Hard, Soft), Advising (all, At-risk, SN), Efficiency of Mgt & IT Mgt, Tracking System, Security of Learners
- ACADEMIC STANDARDS OF THE GRADUATES: Graduate Attributes PEO s, PILO s, Benchmarks, Assessment Policies and Procedures, Alignment of TLAAs, Moderation of Assessment, Level of Achievement of PILO s, CILO s, WBL-Training, Thesis, Retention & Graduation Rate, Employer’s word on graduates, Advisory Board
- EFFECTIVENESS OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT & ASSURANCE: Policies, Procedures, QMS, Leadership, Structure, Continual Improvement Cycle
- CONCLUSIONS: Improvement Actions, Action Plan.